Up to ten NLCA Scholarships, each valued at $1000, are awarded each year to the dependents of owners and employees of member firms in good standing. As well as, the Lar Rossiter Memorial Scholarship Award – one scholarship valued at $2000.
Scholarship applications are posted to the NLCA website in the Fall of each year, with an application deadline in November. Scholarships are judged and then awarded to the successful candidates in December.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2023!
Please click here to download the 2023 NLCA Scholarship Application Package.
How to Apply
An application form may be obtained from your employer or by clicking here.
The completed application must be signed by a management representative or owner of the company. The completed application form, along with a high school transcript and proof of enrollment in a post-secondary program, shall be submitted to the attention of Ms. Adelle Byrne, Education & Training Coordinator:
Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association
397 Stavanger Drive, Suite 202
St. John’s, NL A1A-0A1
The email subject line or envelope must read “NLCA Scholarship Application”.
This scholarship program is available to applicants who meet the following requirement:
- Completion of high school (or Adult Basic Education or General Education Diploma).
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary studies – priority will be given to those in their first semester. Applicants must show proof of enrollment. Please note that students in any type of post-secondary program are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a dependent of an employee or owner of a NLCA member firm in good standing, or a dependent of an NLCA employee.
Please note that efforts will be made for regional representation where candidates meet eligibility criteria.
Applications must be received at the NLCA office on or before Friday, November 17, 2023.
Good luck to all applicants!
Congratulations to the 2022 Scholarship Recipients. The scholarships were judged on November 25. All recipients were notified and scholarships have been disbursed.
Lar Rossiter Memorial Scholarship 2022 Recipient: Sarah Hickey (M. J. Hickey Construction Ltd.)
Other 2022 Recipients:
- Kelsey Smith (KelCo Construction Inc.)
- Victoria Churchill (Pyramid Construction Limited)
- Makayla Spence-Kelly (P. Kelly Electrical Limited
- John Hiscock (The Cahill Group)
- Hudson Wentzell (TK Elevator)
- Zachary Green (J-1 Contracting Ltd.)
- Jacob Clarke (RCS Construction)
- Grace Tuglavina (Sand Construction Ltd.)
- Lucas Osbourne (Air-Tite Sheet Metal Limited)
- Madison Paige Brown (Wood Canada Ltd.)