Thursday, October 21
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
This one-day advanced workshop explains risk management process for a typical construction project from risk planning and assumptions analysis to risk monitoring and control. The course covers the following risk management processes in a construction project: risk planning, risk identification, qualitative and quantitative risk management techniques, risk response planning, and risk monitoring and control. Attendees will be required to participate in many group hands-on exercises and case studies.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Compare actual Risk Management plans and identify knowledge Gaps,
- Develop a risk breakdown structure, using different techniques,
- Identify risks for inclusion in the Risk Register, using a case study approach,
- Apply different risk prioritization techniques to rank project risks,
- Practice quantitative techniques to determine project contingency added to budget,
- Plan and apply project Risk Responses,
- Monitor and Control significant risks and implement proper mitigation strategies
- Introduction to Project Risk Management: definitions, concepts, and applications, assess your risk affinity individual exercise!
- Plan Risk Management: outline, inputs, tools and techniques, outputs, sample Project Risk Management Plan, impact scales, probability scales, compare risk plans and identify gaps group exercise!
- Identify Project Risks: Risk breakdown structure, Inputs, tools & Techniques, Outputs, build your own risk register group exercise!
- Perform Project Qualitative Risk Analysis: Inputs, Tools & Techniques, Output, Sample: Risk Register Update, Exercise: Probability-Impact Matrix, assess risks group exercise!
- Perform Project Quantitative Risk Analysis: Main Inputs, Tools & Techniques, Outputs, Monte Carlo Simulation, Expected Monetary Value Analysis & Decision Tree Analysis, Fault tree exercise.
- Plan Project Risk/Opportunity Responses: Main Inputs, Tools & Techniques, Outputs,
- Monitoring & Control Project Risks: Main Inputs, Tools & Techniques, and Outputs
Instructor’s Bio: Dr. M. Elbarkouky, PhD, PEng., PMP – Project Management Training Solutions LTD
Dr. Elbarkouky is an expert in project management and control. He has more than 20 years of practical experience in his field of practice. He managed and controlled many complex projects in Canada, the U.S., Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. He has extensive experience of oil and gas, power plants, infrastructure, and building construction projects. Dr. Elbarkouky has a Ph.D. in construction engineering and management from the University of Alberta. He is also a Professional Engineer in Alberta and a Project Management Professional (PMP) of the PMI. He is the CEO of a project management training organization that is specialized in teaching professional and academic courses in project management, risk analysis, contract administration, scheduling, cost estimation, and project planning and control in Alberta, Saskatchewan, BC, Nunavut and NWT.
Please select the link below to register. Cost for NLCA Members: $275.00 plus hst; MNL Rate:$318.75 plus hst ; Non-Member Rate: $375.00 plus hst