June 18 & 19, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (both days via webinar)
The goals of this 2-day workshop via webinar are to provide the participants with the essential knowledge, skills, and techniques to plan, organize, manage and control simple and complicated construction projects using a standardized project management life cycle approach. Basic project management and control essentials are presented throughout the project life cycle from project conception to project closing; such as scope management, schedule management, cost management, risk management, human resource management, change management, and quality management.
Essential project planning and control tools are presented, such as the critical path method (CPM) for project scheduling, the earned value analysis (EVM) for cost control, the net present value technique (NPV) for alternative analysis, and the decision tree analysis for risk quantification. The basic objective of the seminar is to combine management fundamentals with practical tools to enable the participants to manage and control their projects effectively.
The workshop also provides an essential introduction to those applying for the PMI- Project Management Professional Exam.
After attending this seminar, the participants shall:
- Understand the need to create a project charter during project initiation by filling out its basic components through a practical example
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of different contracts forms and project delivery systems
- Learn the basic roles of the project manager in managing and integrating projects and basic HR management Skills
- Create the work breakdown structure (WBS) and using it as the basis for effective estimation and scheduling of project activities through practical examples
- Create and reading bar (Gantt) charts and node networks, activity sequencing, and estimating durations using a variety of techniques through practical examples
- Understand the basics of resource management and establishing a resource responsibility matrix (RAM)
- Learn the basics of project risk management from the creation of the risk break down structure to planning and controlling risk responses
- Use forms and reports in managing issues, risks and changes
- Control projects using the Earned Value Management (EVM) to manage time and cost performance
- Understand the basic needs for project closing from scope verification to project post-mortem
Please select the link below to register. Please note that this course is available via webinar only.
Member Rate: $425.00 plus hst
MNL Rate: $505.75 plus hst
Non-Member Rate: $595.00 plus hst