Thursday, April 15th, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 12 noon
Construction meetings are critical to successful management of construction projects. Regular site meetings on a project with well documented minutes can facilitate communication and produce better results – making it more likely that the project will be completed successfully.
Effective construction meeting management is not as easy as it sounds! Proper meeting minutes require effective listening, accurate recording and most importantly, understanding the risks involved if an action item is not completed as promised. Minutes also should reflect the view of all stakeholders and be a complete, reliable, and accurate documentation of the current status of the project as well as the next steps, as agreed to by all parties.
Walk away with a resource manual packed with practical checklists, templates and how-to’s that will help you set up the processes and procedures you need in the office or jobsite.
- Conducting effective and efficient construction meetings
- Types of construction meetings and when to have them
- Recording accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Understanding what standard topics and other topics to discuss and document
- Engaging project stakeholders to deliver as recorded (promised)
- Managing actionable items
- Understanding how construction meeting minutes become permanent records
- Distribution and follow-up
By the end of this course you will:
- Create and implement a construction meeting protocol and meeting minute process and procedure
- Have a greater understanding of the need to listen effectively and to record accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Improve project outcomes and enhance project success by the actioning and delivery of project deliverables by stakeholders
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 16 students.
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the AdobeConnect platform. Access information will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- One morning session:
- Attendance is mandatory for course completion. *Registration can be transferrable to another staff member for this course, prior to start date. Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer their registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Anyone who runs construction meetings, or takes meeting minutes.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Lee Kelly, M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC. Lee’s career began on the drafting boards on an Architect’s office. There she learned a lot about the design perspective of construction but when she realized that Contractors had more fun, she left the boards and put on steel toed boots. With over 30 years of construction management experience under her belt, Lee has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes, and procedures. Lee was recently awarded The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) Chancellor’s Award of Excellence.
To register, please select the link below. Member cost: $199.00 plus hst; MNL Rate: $255.00 plus hst; Non-member Rate: $300.00 plus hst.