Part One: Team Leadership & Dynamics
This section of the course will focus on teams and team dynamics to:
- help align team activities and outcomes to business strategy
- create insights about individual styles and improve team dynamics
- develop ground rules based on the organizational needs and desired culture to facilitate decision making, mange conflict, provide, and to function on a day to day basis.
Content of this section of the course is:
- stages of team development
- characteristics of high performing teams
- understanding of team vision and mandate
- clarify current and desired team dynamics
- develop ground rule to help ensure higher functioning of the team
Benefits to the learner:
- understand leadership principles and techniques that build strong teams
- gain insight into the behaviors of a successful team and understand what each participant needs to develop
- develop an understanding of current team dynamics, what stage the team is in and what it will take to become higher performing
- explore ideas and practice how to deal with challenging team dynamics and situations
Part Two – Change Management
Change is only as effective as people’s readiness and ability to adapt to and thrive in a new environment. This interactive section of the course is designed for those who guide or influence their team and how they can effectively facilitate change and support their team and through the process of change.
At the conclusion of this section of the course, participants will have had the opportunity to:
- discuss the challenges and opportunities which exist during any period of organizational change
- reflect on the role of the leader and team in an evolving business environment
- develop effective transition management techniques for supporting oneself and others throughout change
- learn skills and tools for dealing with change from both the human and business perspectives
Benefits to the learner for this section:
- understand the process of change, their own reaction and impact on change and the opportunities that can occur from change
- develop effective techniques for supporting oneself and others through change
- understanding and having the tools to communicate during change to inspire acceptance, minimize resistance and maintain productivity and engagement
Cost: $100.00 plus hst for members; $300.00 plus hst for non-members
This course is subsidized by the Canada Job Grant for members of NLCA. The subsidy has been applied to the course cost already. Non-members may register at the full course cost.
This course can qualify for one credit towards the continuing education component of the Gold Seal application.
You can register by clicking the button below, or click here to download the registration form.