Wednesday, September 12, 2018 – 9:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m.
NLCA Office Classroom, 397 Stavanger Drive, Suite 202, St. John’s, NL
The NLCA in consultation with WorkplaceNL representatives are inviting our members to come out and attend the Prime session on September 12. This will provide the opportunity for you to voice your concerns, ask questions and understand various aspects of the Prime program and how it works.
WorkplaceNL is seeking comments from its stakeholders on the operation and effectiveness of PRIME. The intent of this review is to gauge and improve the overall effectiveness of PRIME. Broad questions to be answered include:
- Has PRIME benefitted workers and employers?
- What are the challenges with the program?
- What aspects of PRIME need to be changed, if any?
- Are there alternative models?
The PRIME program has been fully in place for 10 years. It offers a refund to employers that establish and maintain health and safety programs. It provides further financial incentives for employers to manage their claims costs by preventing injuries, and by supporting workers to return to work if and when an injury occurs. WorkplaceNL is currently assessing the effectiveness of PRIME, and examining its progress against its stated objectives to:
- Promote healthy and safe workplaces;
- Promote effective and sustainable return-to-work practices;
- Be inclusive so that as many employers as possible can participate; and
- Provide a program that is responsive to the individual employer’s actions while maintaining the principle of collective liability.
NLCA Members Subsidized Rate: FREE
MNL Members Rate: $63.75 + hst
Non- Members Rate: $75.00 +hst
Presented By: Brian Delaney, Executive Director, Employer Services, WorkplaceNL and Tom Mahoney, Executive Director, Worker Services, WorkplaceNL