Wednesday, September 19, 2018 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
NLCA Office Classroom, 397 Stavanger Drive, Suite 202, St. John’s
AGC LCEP Units 1 & 2 – presented by Art Winslow, Graham Construction
The Lean Construction Institute of Canada (LCI-C) is dedicated to transforming the building industry in Canada by changing how projects are planned, designed, managed, and constructed, in all forms of project delivery.
Lean principles, when utilized in construction, can help deliver projects more efficiently, while enhancing productivity, and improving profitability throughout the construction project. Lean Construction has demonstrated its ability to minimize costs and maximize value for all project participants.
To help the Canadian building industry learn more about Lean construction, and to foster a new culture of continuous improvement in the planning, design and construction industry, LCI-C is pleased to offer AGC’s Lean Construction Education Program, being presented by Art Winslow of Graham Construction.
Unit 1 – Variation in Production Systems
This Unit is an introductory course of the Lean Construction Education Program, and introduces the concept of variation, and how it impacts the construction process. This half-day course will provide attendees with the ability to:
– Define different types of variation in project delivery
– Explain the concept of throughput
– Distinguish between ‘throughput’ and ‘works in progress’
– Describe the role of variation in production operations
– List sources of variation in construction settings
– Differentiate and explain variation mitigation techniques
Unit 2 – Pull in Production
This second Unit of the Lean Construction Education Program explains the concept of ‘pull’ as a means to enhance and improve workflows. Attendees, following the successful completion of this course, will be able to:
– Compare batch-and-queue and continuous-flow production systems
– Distinguish between ‘push’ and ‘pull’ systems
– Describe the impact of ‘pull’ on production systems
– Explain how ‘pull’ strategies can be utilized in construction operations
Units 1 & 2 represent a full-day course. Upon successful completion, participants are entitled to apply for one (1) Gold Seal credit, and can apply the completion of Units 1 and 2 to the 7-Unit AGC Certificate of Management – Lean Construction (CM-Lean).
Please click here to download the registration form. Or Select the register button below.
Cost: $290.00 plus hst for members; $590.00 plus hst for non-members
This course is subsidized by the Canada Job Grant for members of NLCA. The subsidy has been applied to the course cost already. Non-members may register at the full course cost.