Learn the vocabulary required to properly understand financial reports. Participate in financial analyses so you can control overhead costs, produce effective job cost reports and discover opportunities for improvement. Bridge the knowledge gap for non-financial managers and improve the financial status of your company. This is not a sit and listen event. There are hands-on exercises that walk you through each step of the financial process and you’ll take home a comprehensive course manual filled with the paperwork you need to improve your business.
Who should attend: project managers, estimators, field superintendents, team leaders, owners, senior managers and those who wish to increase their financial and accounting knowledge.
- Learn fundamentals of finance and accounting
- Learn the accounting process and cycle – including how transactions are recorded
- Financial statement analysis – interpret and react to financial signals
- Review, calculate and discuss financial performance tools that assist decision making
- Examine, demystify and critique business and project finances
- Gain a new sense of confidence when dealing with financial professionals
- Take the guesswork out of decision making and deliver better bottom-line results
- Terms and definitions
- General Ledger / Accounting cycle
- Financial statement analysis / Net present value (NPV)
- Business financing / Buy versus lease
- Types of contracts
- Overhead cost controls / Job costing
- Small jobs accounting / Financial statement ratios
Cost: $166.67 plus hst for members; $500.00 plus hst for non-members
This course is subsidized by the Canada Job Grant for members of NLCA. The subsidy has been applied to the course cost already. Non-members may register at the full course cost.
Gold Seal Credits: 2
To register, you can click the link below or download the form by clicking here.