Responding Successfully To A Request For Proposal (Two-Day Course)
Thursday, November 8, 2018 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday, November 9, 2018, 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m.
NLCA Office – Classroom, 397 Stavanger Drive, Suite 202
Guest Speaker: Lee Kelly, Constructing Minds Inc.
More and more frequently private sector companies and government organizations are releasing RFPs as part of their procurement process and moving away from the traditional bid process. Construction companies often win or lose contracts based on their responses to an RFP. Answering a Request for Proposal (RFP) effectively requires knowledge, understanding and a proposed solution of the subject, while convincing the potential Owner that your company is the best suited to build their project.
On Day 1 of this two‐day seminar participants will:
- Understand the differences between a Request for Quotation (RFQ) and the typical prequalification in
the bid process and how to respond to that RFQ. Your company must be first pass the “RFQ” test before
being invited to participate in the RFP process.
- Learn the fundamental differences between an RFP and the traditional bid process.
- Understand the Owner’s requirements.
- Learn how to analyze the RFP and create a successful strategy for developing a winning response.
- Learn to prepare your written response effectively while following the guidelines set out in the RFP.
- Learn how to create a strategy with respect to the Request for Information (RFI) process and
- Understand the risk and opportunity within the RFP.
- Learn how responses to RFP’s are evaluated and how best to address the criteria.
On Day 2 seminar participants will:
- Learn engaging and effective presentation techniques.
- Review a Case Study of an actual RFP.
- Create an RFP response to the Case Study.
- Present your RFP proposal.
NLCA Members Subsidized Rate: $216.67 + hst
NLCA Members Non-Subsidized Rate: $650.00 +hst
MNL Members Rate: $663.00 + hst
Non- Members Rate: $780.00 +hst