The NLCA meets on a regular basis with municipal, provincial and federal politicians and government officials to ensure that member interests are protected when new policies or programs are developed. Our goal is to ensure that government knows how important your business and the construction industry is to the future of our province.
National Lobbying with CCA
We have several representatives who have taken on leading roles with the Canadian Construction Industry. We have representatives on the Board of Directors and numerous committees. Their work ensures that the interests of Newfoundland and Labrador members are always protected. We are proud to have won several CCA awards in recognition of our strong leadership and innovation.
All NLCA member firms automatically become members of the Canadian Construction Association.
The NLCA Standard Practices Committee is responsible for the development of recommendations to improve tendering and contracting practices. The Committee promotes improved procedures for tendering, standard contract documents, (CCDC and CCA) and facilitates discussion between other professional organizations in the construction industry.
NLCA Standard Practices Committee Chair
Corporate Social Responsibility
The NLCA is proud to have supported many local charities, all of which would not be possible without the contribution from our member firms.
NLCA through its members has donated over $519,000 to the following charities over the years:
- Mazol Shriners Children’s Transportation Fund
- Learning Disabilities Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Kids Eat Smart Foundation
- Lions Max Simms Memorial Camp
- MS Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- The School Lunch Program
- SPCA – St. John’s
- Manuals River Heritage Society
- Candlelighters Association of NL
- Quinn’s Place
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Breastless & Beautiful
- Threads of Life (Steps for Life)
- Bridges to Hope
- Cancer Care Foundation
- Hope Air
- Kin Club of Conception Bay South
- Salvation Army
- Children’s Wish Foundation
- Heart and Stroke Foundation